The advertising industry is going crazy over social media advertising and there is a very good reason for it. The benefits of using social media advertising has made it one of the most sought after advertising technique used in online advertising. People are getting more social and they are taking to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc, to enhance their social life. The popularity of smart phones has also had a part to play in increasing the popularity of social media sites, as it is now possible for people to be connected to their social friends from anywhere. If you are seriously considering the option to use social media advertising for your business, here are a few facts that should help you to make your decision.
Key social media advertising facts
Some of the key social media advertising facts that you need to know about the future of social media advertising are listed below.
- According to experienced social media marketers, they have noticed an improvement in web traffic of about 91% after initializing social media marketing campaigns.
- 23% of the time spent by people online is spent on social networks and blog accounts.
- On average, one out of seven minutes spend by people online is on Facebook.
- About 40% of people visit the Facebook page of the brand or the product before they visit the website of the brand or product.
- A whopping 84% of consumers look for independent reviews about products and services.
- The interaction between consumers and businesses is about 30% more than the average on Sundays.
- Facebook has more than 1.15 billion users of which about 751 million access Facebook through their mobile devices.
- There are more than 10 million Facebook applications available.
- About 250 billion photos are uploaded to Facebook every day.
- More than 74% of marketers are of the opinion that Facebook is an integral part of their lead generation strategy.
- About 23% of all Facebook users tend to check their account more than five times in a day.
- The average number of tweets per twitter account is 208.
- More than 400 million tweets are sent out every day.
- Twitter has over 500 million total users with 288 million monthly active users.
- About 20 million twitter accounts are fake.
- Twitter is accessed through mobile by about 60% of Twitter users.
- There are more than 343 million active users on Google+
- The most engaging type of post in Google+ platform is animated GIFs.
- About 40% of the marketers user Google+, with 67% of them planning on increasing their activities on Google+
- Google+ has more male users at about 67%.
- About 60% of Google+ users log into their account every day.
- About 80% of Google+ users log into their account once a week.
- The +1 button of Google is used more than 5 billion times in a day.
The facts we have shared above are only statistics with regard to three of the most popular social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Other social media platforms such as Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube are as popular as the three platforms we have discussed. These facts should give you a clear idea on why marketers believe that social media advertising is the way forward in advertising.